Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Craft day it is!

The buzz of Christmas and New Year's is over but the beginning of all things 2016 has yet to start. The novelty of all the Christmas presents has started to wear off and we are home from holidays and getting back into our regular routine of things. Ben has resumed work, nightshift in fact meaning added pressure to keep the kids as quiet as possible and I am still trying to catch up on sleep and rebuild my energy levels after a particularly hectic couple of months so leaving the house is being avoided as much as possible. But lazy days in are not as welcomed by the girls as they are by me and cabin fever is creeping in. It is mid summer so it is scalding hot outside and I am starting to run out of ideas to entertain the kids.

Today, my strategy of choice was a craft day. I reorganised the girls desk and included some drawers to contain all of their art supplies; and when I began to think about where we should actually start I remembered the Artine Stix that were sent out to us recently. Perfect, something new to explore and try out. We decided to pull out some giant colouring in pages that I keep for rainy days and I let the girls go for it.


Knowing full well that colouring only lasts so long; but there is so many things they can do with this set. Colour, build, play. So while they were busy I decided to do some research. I went straight to the website artlinestix.com.au and found some great pages including the Play Inspiration page where you can learn from other Artline Stix "inventors" or upload pictures of your own creation and it could become the "featured creation". Or you can even join the Artline Stix Play Club for games, competitions and freebies. Click here to go to the registration form.

It also includes a step by step guide to build a bunch of different things and downloadable, printable colouring pages. Perfect!



So, armed with all my findings I returned to the girls determined to make craft time span out as long a possible. Hannah was particularly interested in having a go at building with the pens and their connector parts. She was trying to build a "long wiggly snake".



Both girls really enjoyed craft time today and it kept them quiet and entertained for quite a while so I say it was a success. We enjoyed exploring the Artline Stix pens. I really loved the Brush Markers, they are lovely to use specially for colouring. If you would like more information about these products check our their website artlinestix.com.au or if you would like to know more about our opinions or have any questions please feel free to post a comment. I'd love to know if you have used them before or if you have done any great crafty projects lately that we can try.

No comments:

Post a Comment